Tuesday 20 March 2012

Auditory Hallucinations

Here is an interesting article I came across in the Health section of the New York Times. It deals with musical hallucinations, something that I have started to experience since coming out of hospital.

What are Auditory Hallucinations?

Musical and sound hallucinations are rather strange things to deal with. I haven't come across anyone personally who has experienced this but mine will range from the sound of the ocean to a drum pattern but I've also started hearing bits of songs that I've never heard before. I'm also wondering if it's something to do with tinnitus (something I suffer from as well when I'm really tired), I used to just hear a high pitch noise from time to time but maybe it's manifesting as music now. I'll have to do some more research and have a chat with my doctors to see what we can come up with.

Does anyone else get these at all? Leave a comment as I'm interested to know what can be done about them, if anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment