Friday 13 April 2012

Rehab: Day 10

CC courtesy of net_efekt, flickr
Yesterday was yet another hospital visit. My rehab involved walking a couple of miles and getting some long needed sunshine.

I do have some brilliant news though!!!

I HAVE AN ANSWER!!!!!

After 4 years of searching we're finally starting to get somewhere and it only involved nearly dying to get there. Although on reflection I'd prefer the near death experience and get some treatment than feeling like crap for the rest of my life.

So, the answer to some of my problems is a genetic mutation on a chromosome called Heterozygous Factor V (5) Leiden Mutation - bit of a mouthful huh? It basically means that my body has issues breaking down clots. 

Since I'm too tired from celebrating, being stabbed (injections and yet more blood tests), and walking around I'll be writing another post later on with a lot more information - how I got it, how do I treat it etc.

Catch you people later - and go celebrate for all the good things in life!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment