Tuesday 17 April 2012

Rehab: Day 14

Pretty good day yesterday, I popped into work to get a load of paper work done. If my meeting on Wednesday goes well I should be returning to work part-time as of Friday. My bosses plan is to do 3 hours a day for one week, 4 hours per day the next etc until up back up to normal hours, now unless my OT (occupational therapist) says anything different that's the plan.

I'm absolutely knackered though, I walked 1.5 miles through the wonderful sun and parks from the bus stop and back. I think my insomnia should start to resolve itself again once I start going to work again as I'll be so tired that I'll just have to sleep, there wont be any doubt about it!

My clexane injections are giving me a bit of jip and the moment but it's because of a really good reason: I've lost weight. As you know (if you've been reading these posts) the injection has to be done in the fat on my lower tummy. Now, the problem I'm having is that my tummy is shrinking and I can't grab as much fat as before, this is causing a lot more bruising than normal and making it more painful as the needle sometimes goes into the muscle depending on the sight: that hurts sooooo much it really makes my eyes water and foul noises come out my mouth. Luckily I'm now decreasing my dosage because of the weight loss - yay!! Today I'm on 120mg in the morning and 100 mg at night, then 120mg in the morning and 80mg at night for 10 days then I'm on 100mg until they switch me over to Warfarin. I'm 'looking forward' to the 100mg, they should be easier to do compared to the 150mg they had me on initial and hopefully there wont be as much, bleed, bruising and pain.

I had a pretty rough night though. I had to put the compression stockings on again as my legs we killing me and I think tonight I'll need some more elevation. Even though the doc said that I can remove them at night I'm going to keep wearing them until the vein has recovered a bit more - I'm suffering from veinous insufficiency at the moment which means that the valves are damaged and don't work properly, but I'll be putting a separate post up about that as it can get a little complicated and is fairly interesting for health/biology nerds.

Anyway, that's enough for now I've got to get ready for Terauchi Sensei's course. I'm not training as I'm still too weak but just going to show my face and meet up with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment