Wednesday 18 April 2012

Rehab: Day 15

Have you ever had a lesson in Japanese? That's what I experienced yesterday and it was pretty awesome! Sensei Terauchi flew over from Japan and taught our karate class today. He spoke very little English and we only spoke 'karate speak', however, the language barrier didn't seem to be too much of an issue and we all had fun. I obviously didn't train yesterday (I don't want to risk anything until I've had my scan at the start of May) but it was great to be back in the dojo watching people training - I picked up a lot of tips and new training techniques and can't wait to test them out.

You know what was also nice? The fact that I have clearly been missed by the group. Only Sensei Simon knew that I was going but as soon as I hobbled in (still on 2 crutches) I had hugs and kisses all round and a lot of concerned questions. I think in a couple of weeks when I'm down to one crutch (or maybe none) I'll pop into one of the dojos and watch a couple of sessions before starting my own training.

Rehab wasn't anything exciting. I did quite a few errands and walked to the post office and back (in torrential rain!) and driving to the karate class (even though it was only 10 minutes down the road) has really knocked me out, I'm absolutely knackered!

I've got a call from my ocupational therapist in a couple of hours to discuss my return to work and I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back because I need her to sign a form. If all goes to plan this week I'll be going back to work on Friday :-)

Just out of interest, what's everyones favourite exercise or sport? A few of mine are karate, running (as soon as I've dropped a bit of weight and get healthier), weight training, cardio circuits and yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment