Friday 6 April 2012

Hormones, Birth Control, and Cycling with the Ultra F-Bike

Hormones

I'm still struggling with my hormones from coming off of birth control. My hormones are all over the place, I'm a moody cow who's no fun to be around at the moment and all I want to do is eat ice cream. And to top it all off I'm a week late, I know this shouldn't worry me as the doc said it could take up to 6 months to have one. Six months of worrying I don't think so, I'd rather go to the doc for one of those hormone shots to get it to return (if anyone knows the name for the procedure please let me know in the comments). Anyway, we'll see how tomorrow goes as the shopping is coming (home delivery as I'm not legally allowed to drive till Sunday) with some nice little goodies - hello chocolate!

Cycling

So yesterday was a fairly good day in terms of activity. Here's what I managed to do:
  • 20 mins on the stationary bike - 10 mins more than Day One
  • 8 push ups on knees - 3 more than day one
  • Thoracic extensions
  • Lower body stretching
I've made some leaps and bounds there which is great. I think I've got a good time down for the bike so I'm going to work on resistance and speed now to get the mobility and strength back especially in the quad.

This is my bike (see below) that I use at home; I got this from Amazon for about £70. It's a great little bike that can be stored in the smallest of places - mine gets stored behind the sofa so that when I want it I can just slide it out, pop it open and hop on. It comes with a handy little display so that you can track your heart-rate, calories, speed and distance. The "gears" are great, I'm currently using the three lowest gears because of my dud leg but you can get some serious resistance out of it, so much so that at the moment I could barely make a rotation with the pedals. The pedals have adjustable straps so that you can you can get a comfortable fit no matter what you have on your feet. And finally, the seat is also adjustable depending on your height. The only slight concern about this bike is that the seat is a little hard so all I do is put a cushion under my bum and then I'm set to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment