Sunday 8 April 2012

Rehab: Day 5 - Warning, personal gross stuff mentioned here

CC courtesy of Spoons on Flickr
I'm done. Just done. I'm tired, hurting, and completely fed up of constantly feeling like crap. 

You may have just noticed that I might just be a little bit cranky right now. Ladies you'll know just what I'm going through right now. I had to come off of hormonal birth control and I have been waiting 6 weeks to have my first period. Well it's been going on for a day now and it is just horrible! I have to change ever 2 hours or so, I'm clotting and it's really, really heavy. I'm actually quite concerned about it so I'm going to mention it to my hematology doctors on Thursday to see what they have to say about it.

I become a monster on my period, just a moody, temperamental cow who can't refrain from snapping at anyone and anything - the kettle got it this morning - who will demolish anything in her site. It's true. There was a packet of cookies, but they seem to have disappeared somewhere ... I end up taking copious amounts of painkiller and crawl into bed with a hot water bottle, which is where I should be right now but as luck would have it it also makes my insomnia worse. Great, just great.

What did I do rehab wise? Hmm, absolutely bugger all! Well, no, that's not entirely true I did do some thoracic extensions because my back is killing me at the moment but that's about it apart from the sitting and the eating and the talking and being moody.

If you have any tips on dealing with PMS for the love of all things good please leave me a comment, I don't want to be this daemon forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment