Wednesday 11 April 2012

Rehab: Day 8

CC courtesy of Steve-h, Flickr
As much as I would love to be running along that path yesterday morning like the good ol' days I was unfortunately sidelined to day 8 of my rehab. 

I woke up very bruised from my clexane injections and also very stiff with a painful knee. I'm not sure what changed to make me bruise so much but I'll run it by my hematologist on Thursday. As for the stiffness and pain that's simply because I didn't as many painkillers. I'm experimenting with what I actually need to take rather than sticking with a set dosage. Like today I'll only be taking two - one in the morning and one at night - so we'll see tomorrow whether that was a good idea or not.

So, what did I do for rehab? Not a lot to be honest. I sat on the bike for 21 minutes (1 minute more than last week, and on setting 2) and managed to get in the bath and also some housework. Apart from that I was feeling pretty pooped and not really up to much. I did get quite a bit of reading done though which is good.

My fatigue seems to be letting up a little bit now. It's been about a week since I've had to sleep during the day. The mornings are still the worst because if I've had a rough night with insomnia I have to get up at 9am to do my injections anyway and I have this horrible habit of not being able to sleep again once I'm up. Once that happens I'll be a zombie for a good 4-5 hours; not a great look if you ask me.

Hopefully I'll be able to do a little bit more today, might even add some ab work and push ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment